Planned Giving Director
KEES has been exclusively retained by The Salvation Army Northern Division in its search for a new Planned Giving Director (aka Trusts, Estates and Gift Planning Director) in the Twin Cities, Minnesota area. The Salvation Army Northern Division is part of the Central Territory and has been serving Minnesota and North Dakota Communities for over 130 years. More than 100 Salvation Army centers of operation in the division provide service in housing, youth enrichment, hunger abatement, counseling, rehabilitation, disaster relief, and programs that move families from poverty to stability. The Director will play an integral role to support these efforts, providing oversight in all planned giving functions and leadership over a team of planned giving professionals. Additionally, the Director will carry a small caseload of select donors. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated expertise in managing a comprehensive fund development program in a complex organization and faith-based environment, and knowledge of the philanthropic community in Minnesota and North Dakota.
This position offers a competitive salary comparable with the local market, along with strong benefits.
The Salvation Army is committed to offering equal employment opportunity to all applicants and to all employees without regard to race, color, gender, religion, age, national or ethnic origin, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, political affiliation, genetic predisposition and/or any other lawfully protected classification or occupationally irrelevant criteria. Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Specific requirements include:
- A minimum of seven years of progressive experience in planned giving. Knowledge of basic business terminology, financial matters, and ethical, legal and tax-related issues regarding the solicitation, transfer and management of charitable gifts.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree in a related field such as law, finance, or organizational management preferred.
- Certification as a CFP or CAP preferred; those without such a certification are expected to obtain a certification within two years of start of employment.
- Proven ability to build strong external relationships with a variety of volunteers, public leadership, partner organizations and other stakeholders.
- Career track record that shows experience in successful closing of gifts and capacity to develop and nurture relationships culminating in overall success.
- Proven success in building strong and productive work teams, with a focus on mentoring and nurturing staff development.
- Strong analytic and strategic-thinking skills, with demonstrated ability to create, implement, and monitor complex plans and translate those plans into goals and concrete strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to forge mutually respectful, trusting and effective relationships with a diverse group of people including board members, Salvation Army officers and decision makers.
- Ability to travel throughout Minnesota and North Dakota to meet with donors, as well as Planned Giving team members. Valid driver’s license required. Overnight travel is estimated at 20% annually.
To apply, candidates should submit their cover letter, resume and complete the online application at https://alfordexecutivesearch.applicantstack.com/x/openings
All inquiries will be held in strict confidence. No applications will be accepted via email.
This search is being managed by Heather Eddy, President and CEO, and Sue Bultman, Consultant, of KEES. Questions may be addressed to Sue Bultman.
KEES is a retained search and nonprofit consulting firm that builds transformative teams and leaders.
The Salvation Army Northern Division is a team of 800 employees and 91,500 volunteers providing loving service to more than 415,000 people in every county in Minnesota and North Dakota. Its mission is to meet the needs of people in crisis in a holistic manner with programs that touch the body, soul, and spirit.
The officers (ordained ministers), licensed social workers and business professionals who work for The Salvation Army believe in our mission of spreading the love of Jesus Christ without discrimination.